The hardest part in any project is determining where you want to start, and what you want the end product to look like. The size of the room, how many people you plan to host, and what you want the ambiance to be like are all mitigating factors that will affect your steps going forward. The best man cave decorating ideas are ones that you mold to fit your “image” and that of the “experience” you want to create for yourself and those you invite over. Below, we will go over a list of things to consider to help you build your perfect man cave.
Choosing your Theme:
We all have passions, hobbies, and interests. When considering your man cave decorating ideas, you must determine what overall theme you want before taking other steps. This doesn’t necessarily mean choosing just one theme, but rather your overall theme. For instance, you might want a man cave to watch sports with the boys- this would include sports related decor throughout your cave, but perhaps with some rustic bar stools/tables to add a different element that is appealing to your view of your very own cave!
There are a plethora of themes out there, an endless supply of random themes for random personalities- what fits you? The most common themes you will see are:
- Comic/Geek related (DC or Marvel)
- Music related
- Auto related
- Decade related
These allow for a wide array of choices for you to build on each theme. If you are an avid sports fan who loves classic cars, you may have sports memorabilia with bar stools made to look like hubcaps or steering wheels from your favorite childhood car! With that said, let’s now look at your man cave decor and what man cave decorating ideas come next.
Selecting Your Man Cave Decor:
Now that you have selected your theme, it’s time to determine what you want in your man cave! There is no right or wrong in determining what exists in a man cave, as you alone determine what you want your overall outcome to be. Most man caves have a few similarities though:
- A bar with bar stools
- An entertainment center or large screen TV
- seating with a side table and coffee table
- photography, art, autographs
- fridge/mini fridge- THIS one is 120 can capacity with great reviews and by far the best option
Outside of these man cave must-haves, there is an endless array of ideas to may your man cave your own! Do you want a billiards table if you have the room? Done. Do you want a second, smaller TV for bar area so you don’t miss anything while hosting or grabbing a drink? Done. Once this “blueprint” is laid out as to what you want and what you are still looking for or open to, all that is left is setting aside your budget.
Setting Aside Your Budget:
Funding is the root of all evil in anything in life. No really, it is. Mortgage payments, car payments, groceries, child care, etc- the list goes on, but that’s where we are here to help break it down. A man cave for many is simply a place to get away from all the stresses in life- why not plan for that in a progressive way rather than an all in at once methodology? Prioritizing what you want will dictate how achievable it is to your available budget. For example, here is how I broke down my priorities:
- Choose the furniture for my man cave. Before I can even have people over, I want to be able to have a place to sit and relax- man cave decor doesn’t allow you to sit and relax!
- Select your TV/entertainment options. Place to sit, place to watch the game/movie/show of your choice- done.
- Select your bar, bar stools, and fridge options. Once you have a TV, a place to sit, and location for beverages or snacks, who wouldn’t want to be there? If you want the simplistic man cave, these are the main components.
- Finalize your man cave decorating ideas and purchase your decor. Decorations can be purchased over time, as nothing is ever truly complete with all the new products coming out, but we hope this website helps change that!
- Select last minute lighting for areas that need that extra umph! Lighting is the last factor to consider, as it becomes a necessity after a billiard table, bar, or similar purchases are made. Your main lights can set the mood for a relaxing time until your budget is met for man cave lighting ideas. But let’s explore that further…
Finalize the Lighting and Entertainment:
At this point everything is in place, minus the final touches. You have your entertainment, but feel like it’s just not enough- that’s where we can help! Whatever theme you have chosen, there is always a search option to meet said theme. Need lighting for your bar counter tops? What about billiard lighting? Maybe bar/under bar lighting? These things are all obtainable with the help of websites like this to ensure you get the exact product you are looking for.
Lighting options can mesh with your other decor without be identical for the theme itself. For example, with a car/motorcycle theme, you can do industrial design and lighting (just to name one example). With a music or classic rock theme, you can install light fixtures made from old whiskey bottles. I won’t list all the possibilities, as there aren’t enough hours in the day to do so, but the end outcome is to make your man cave decorations your own to fit your specific theme and endgame goals. Once you have selected and purchased these things from our site, it is now game time!
Host your Friends:
We have all been to a place in our life where we look around and this “****, I wish I had this”. You are now the one on the other end of the statement who is sitting back smiling knowing you achieved what you set out to create. We hope this website finds those specific decorations you need to make your man cave what you hoped it would be.
If there is ever anything you are searching for but we don’t have added, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com